OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
will be presented by
Michael Hertz, Small Business IT Specialist
Jeffrey Helm, Atlantic Advisers Insurance Agency, Inc.
They will be discussing the new Massachusetts General Law c. 93H 201 CMR 17.00 which will take effect on March 1st 2010
· What does the law mean?
· How will it affect your business?
· What are the consequences of not complying?
· Liability and insurance protection
· What constitutes “Personal Information” as it pertains to the law?
· What changes do you need to make in the way you currently handle “Personal Information” of your clients, customers, employees, vendors and partners
· Computer security; passwords, encryption, access, and transmission of personal information
· Preparing a “Written Information Security Policy”
Place: South Shore Natural Science Center – Jacobs Lane, Norwell
Time: 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Soft drinks and snacks provided
Register Early – limited seating – FREE for Norwell, Hanover, and Pembroke Chamber Members with advance registration; $10 at the door for late registrants and non-members.