Most of her presentation was based on a course developed by Stephen Woessner, and the bestselling book: Search Engine Optimization.
The session gave action steps you need in order to produce measurable website outcomes.
Some of the outcomes: Increased unique site visitors, converting visitors into leads for you business, converting visitors into sales and/or appointments, calculating the number of days to convert leads into revenue, collecting customer opinions, and calculating total revenue generated via website performance.
Some of the points Tricia made:
SEO challenges facing Business owners: Need for Quality Content that generates measurable outcomes.
15-step SEO Process:
- Site structure
- Indexable Home Page
- Site Maps
- Selecting keywords
- Custom page titles
- Custom META keywords
- Custom META descriptions
- Heading tags <h1>
- Constructing your urls
- Building Specific content pages
- Word count range
- Keyword prominence and frequency
- Text formatting
- Anchor links
- ALT tags and file names
- Site popularity
- Link Building
- Test indexability of pages using Google’s Page Rank tool
- Select keywords that are proven performers via SEOBook.com and Google
- Develop specific content pages, and then: write custom page titles, custom META descriptions, re-use the page title as your header, word count 500-1000, keyword frequency between 8 and 46, use proper text formatting i.e. bold, bullets, etc.
- Use link building to drive ranking higher
- Measure outcomes via Google Analytics and data from customer surveys.
If you would like more information on the topic:
Tricia White, Senior Business Advisor (twhite (at) msbdc.umass.edu)
MA Small Business Development Center Network, Fall River
This is our regional office, all the people there are really fantastic, I have used them for our small business…and their services are free…check them out!