Current Occupation: State Representative for the 5th Plymouth District which includes the towns of Hanover Norwell and Rockland
Prior Occupation: Worked in the private sector for over 23 years at Triangle Engineering Inc. a small family owned manufacturing business in Hanover.
- Massasoit Community College Associates Degree
- Centenary College
- Hanover High School Class of 1978
- State Representative 2011 to present
- Notary Public
- Committees: House Ways and Means, Consumer Protection, Municipalities and Regional Government
- Founder of the Robert J. Nyman Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Co-Founder of the Howie Nyman Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Member of the Mass Caucus of Women Legislators
- Member of the Plymouth County Democratic League
- Member of the Hanover Democratic Town Committee
- Past-Secretary of the Hanover Democratic Town Committee
- Former Coordinator of the Hanover Relay for Life
Reasons for running for office:
Our families and the residents of Hanover, Norwell and Rockland have always been accustomed to great representation here and on Beacon Hill. Public service has been our family’s commitment for over 30 years so I know the needs of the district and how to deliver that level of service to those towns. I’ve learned that this job is much more than making speeches and taking votes, it’s about providing constituent services and advocating for working families. As a life- long resident of the district and CFO of a small family owned business in Hanover I understand the challenges facing businesses. Not only have I helped prevent the loss of jobs by funding the 4.6 million dollar deficit at the Plymouth County Sheriff’s Department I was able to stimulate job growth. I’m proud of the work I have done for the 5th Plymouth District and I am honored to serve as your State Representative.
In my younger years I had the privilege of being an equestrian rider at the Briggs Riding Stable in my hometown of Hanover. Some of my fondest memories were the times I spent riding with friends, working in the stable and then competing in the local horse shows.