This morning we kicked off the Norwell Chamber’s Biz Bites at the James Library, with Michael Hertz of SoHo Systems talking about Malware – Cyber Security. Mike, a long time member of the Chamber, and board member for quite a few years gave us some good advise.
Mike talked about his experiences dealing with clients with problems and gave us some staggering statistics. Some of the take aways:
- Email and web browsing are the most common methods (attach vectors) of cyber attacks. An educated user is your best defense.
- Install anti-virus software on your computer
- Install a firewall at the gateway to your network
- Backup your systems – Utilize both on-site and cloud storage for backups
- Use strong passwords and 2 Factor Authorization where appropriate
Thank you Mike for your insights.
Thank you for sponsoring Diana Smith of Ameriprise:
Tara of DKD for coffee and yummy pastries and coupons:
Phyllis of Image Resolutions for the posters:
And the James Library for a great venue: